DR. ERIC S. HARMELIN
Dr. Harmelin specializes in the treatment of the full spectrum of foot and ankle conditions. His special areas of interest include:
- Reconstructive Surgery
- Limb Salvage/Wound Care
- Ankle Arthroscopy
- Charcot Foot Reconstruction
- External Fixation
Eric S. Harmelin, DPM
BOARD-CERTIFIED PODIATRIC SURGEON
Dr. Harmelin grew up in South Florida. He received his bachelor of Science degree from the University of Florida. His doctorate was earned at the Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine in Miami. He completed a three-year surgical residency at South Miami Hospital/Baptist Health Systems in South Miami, Florida. He then began private practice in 2000 in Fort Lauderdale, Florida. Dr. Harmelin joined Annapolis Foot and Ankle Center in 2010.
Dr. Harmelin is a licensed podiatric surgeon in Maryland. He is board-certified by The American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery. His is on staff at Anne Arundel Medical Center and is part of the Wound Care Center at the hospital. Wound care/limb salvage and reconstructive surgery are special interests of his.
In his spare time he enjoys playing tennis and spending time with his family.
- Primary Podiatric Medicine Residency (PPMR): South Miami Hospital Foot and Ankle Program, South Miami, FL
- Reconstructive Foot and Ankle Surgery Residency: South Miami Hospital Foot and Ankle Program, South Miami, FL
- Undergraduate: University of Florida, Gainesville, FL
- Medical: Barry University School of Podiatric Medicine, Miami, FL
HONORS AND AWARDS
- Pi Delta National Podiatric Honor Society
- Podiatric Medicine Academic Merit Scholarship
- Academic Dean’s List, BUSPM
- Academic Dean’s List, OCPM
- Florida Academic Merit Scholarship, University of Florida
- Board Certified, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery
- Chief of Podiatry Service: Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Kashuk KB, Harmelin ES, Holcombe RN, et al. Arthroscopic surgery of the ankle and subtalar joint. Clin Pod Med Surg 17(1):55-79, 2000.
- Harmelin ES, Holcombe RN, Goggin JP, et al. Acral lentiginous melanoma. J Foot Ankle Surgery 37(6):540-545, 1998.
- Hanft JR, Harmelin ES, Holcombe RN, et al. Immunologic desensitization to imipenem: a review of protocol. Footprints Edition/Journal of the Florida Podiatric Medical Association, August 1998.
- Harmelin ES. Peroneal tendon subluxation. Podiatric Quarterly 6(3):5-7, 1996.
- Professional Affiliations
- Fellow, American College of Foot and Ankle Surgeons
- Diplomate, American Board of Podiatric Surgery
- Anne Arundel Medical Center
- Anne Arundel Medical Center Wound Care Center
- Maryland Podiatric Med Assoc.
- American Podiatric Medical Assoc.
- Diplomate, American Board of Foot and Ankle Surgery